Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mystery

What is it we search for?
Starved for?
Sacrificing for?
What is the mystery?
A life time looking for some pleasure
That will last forever, not a feeling , an always be
There, but where?
Looking and looking but not seeing.
When did the longing begin?
Can I remember when?
I listen and do not hear.
A voice is calling me, who is it there?
I fill my mind with daily tasks.
Soon a life time of daily tasks go by.
What is it worth? With out the answer to the mystery?
My obituary is read then tossed away. What did I mean to the world Anyway?
Will I go to the grave unfulfilled because I was unable see, or hear the mystery.
Possibly I need to be more quiet, paid less attention to me.
It is the attention to me that gives the world it’s success. For I look then buy. For me. For me.
All my efforts line others pockets. But the mystery is not mine.
And, I am told can not be purchased. “Tis a free gift” they say. That makes nonsense to me.
“What ! unable to buy, truth, happiness and life?” I say
Then again the soft voice I hear, and the voice is saying. “You can not!”
What is this power that has seduced me. Convinced me, to believe without question It is all about me. The attractions have become distractions from the mystery. The world keeps me convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment