Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Post

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is too far away. What was tomorrow is here today. Soon today will be yesterday. Do we remember when? Or predict the future? Many of men have tried and failed. Success is a measurement of what? Sand through the hour glass? Right now counts forever.

I start this adventure of being a new blogger. I have always marveled at the world of words. Even though I am a weakling in this world, including, the proper use of such. I use the dictionary until the pages are dog eared sometimes going back to the same words to check the spelling. My mind is weak on putting letters down in the right sequence. The rapid response of the computer keys leads to some strange phrases. Where to begin? Gee, looks like I already have. I hope to assemble some interesting stuff sorted out of this brain. Kind of like a recycling center. Paper or plastic, ferrous or non-ferrous? My personal charge is to let the tons of garbage stuck in this head to rot somewhere and not on this blog. Research, sort out, discard, check and double check information so that information is verified printable or trashed.

In this age of information overload, with six faces on a digital screen, all talking over each other and modern journalist using hundreds of words to file a story, maybe a little brevity would work.
Disagreeing with the common practice of not revealing the source. I will be forthright when experiences are mine and when they come from another. Credit all from whom the information has originated. If John Adams said it, then I will say, John Adams said it. I find it a foolish art to try and fool myself or anyone else. This is going to be a good thing for me to do. And, as I grow in this, I hope a good attitude here, can bring along some friends too.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment